The British Columbia Association of Broadcasters is pleased to provide a discretionary bursary to “up and coming” broadcasters who may be struggling considering the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Purpose of the bursary is to allow BCAB member companies to recommend intern or work placement broadcasters a stipend to help them pay for their living expenses as they earn valuable experience as a broadcaster.
The criteria is based on the following:
- The student must be working in a paid or unpaid capacity at a BCAB member station
- The student should have graduated from a post-secondary institution in a broadcast or communications program
- The student must be a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- The institution does NOT have to be a BC based school. The BCAB recognizes that many students from other provinces endeavor to start their careers in our province.
- The recommendation must come from a supervisor or manager within the organization
- The bursary will be paid directly to the individual, not the company
- There are a limited amount of funds available through the remainder of 2021
- The funds will be distributed as the applications are filled out, There is no specific application deadline other than the end of the program on December 31st 2021