The British Columbia Association of Broadcasters is pleased to provide a discretionary bursary to “up and coming” broadcasters who may be struggling due to the cost of living.
The Purpose of the bursary is to allow BCAB member companies to recommend intern or work placement broadcasters a stipend to help them pay for their living expenses as they earn valuable experience as a broadcaster.
The criteria is based on the following:
- The student must be working in a paid or unpaid capacity at a BCAB member station
- The student should have graduated from a post-secondary institution in a broadcast or communications program
- The student must be a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- The institution does NOT have to be a BC based school. The BCAB recognizes that many students from other provinces endeavor to start their careers in our province.
- The recommendation must come from a supervisor or manager within the organization
- The bursary will be paid directly to the individual, not the company
- There are a limited amount of funds available through the remainder of 2023
- The funds will be distributed as the applications are filled out, There is no specific application deadline other than the end of the program on December 31st 2023.