BCAB 73rd Annual Conference
May 8, 2020
River Rock Casino Resort Hotel, Vancouver, B.C.
For a sneak peek at our new & revamped program, please stay tuned.
Draft agenda / Run of Show:
- Registration/Coffee & Tea 09:30-10:30am
- Morning AGM meeting: 10:00-10:30am
- Morning keynote speaker Bob Hoffman: 10:30-11:45am
- Brief ‘happy hour’: 11:45-12:30
- Lunch/Band 12:00-1:30pm
- Awards ceremony: 1:30-2:00pm
- Health break: 2:00-2:15pm
- Afternoon keynote speaker James Cridland: 2:15-3:15pm
- Cocktail reception closing: 3:15-4:00pm
A new book being published in the next 10 days entitled “Advertising For Skeptics.” It’s about what I call advertising’s “decade of delusion.” It deals with the subjects like:
James is a radio futurologist – a writer, consultant and public speaker on radio’s future. He is Managing Editor of podnews.net, a daily podcast newsletter, and runs media.info, the media information website and served as a Board Member of VISTA Radio from 2017-2019.
James has worked in radio since 1989 as an award-winning copywriter, presenter, and internet strategist. In 2001 he joined the original Virgin Radio in London, where he was Digital Media Director: launching the world’s first streaming radio smartphone app in March 2005, and working on the station’s podcast strategy (launched in January 2005). In 2007 he joined the BBC to work on the BBC iPlayer for radio, achieving a dramatic increase in the service’s audio quality, and being part of the team that laid the foundations for the UK Radioplayer. Since leaving the BBC in 2009, he has worked for a variety of businesses, including the receiver and silicon manufacturers Pure and Frontier Silicon, Radioplayer, Futuri Media, talkSPORT as well as a variety of media companies in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia; helping them focus on the benefits and challenges that new platforms bring to their business.
“Great things happen when we work together”
The way we listen to radio is changing – but is Canadian radio changing quickly enough to reflect that? In this
BCAB 2020 Important Dates
|2020 Humanitarian Award Nominations||TBC|
|Excellence Awards Online Submission||TBC|
|Accommodation Booking at group rate||TBC|
|Registration at onsite rate||TBC|
|Hotel Booking at regular rate
|Conference Dates||May 8, 2020|
To be confirmed
Please call the Reservations Department at 1-866-748-3718 to book your accommodation directly.
8811 River Rd, Richmond, BC V6X 3P8
Sponsorship & Exhibitors
Stay in Touch
Follow us on our BCAB Facebook Page or on Twitter @BCABinfo
Missed past conferences?
- PHOTOS from the 2018 Conference (KELOWNA)
- PHOTOS from the 2017 Conference (OSOYOOS)
- PHOTOS from the 2016 Conference (PENTICTON)
- PHOTOS from the 2015 Conference (PENTICTON)
- PHOTOS from the 2014 Awards Gala (WHISTLER)
- PHOTOS from the 2013 Awards Gala (PENTICTON)
- PHOTOS from the 2012 Awards Gala (VANCOUVER)
- PHOTOS from the BCAB 2011 Conference and Awards Gala (KELOWNA)