The call for nominations is ongoing, however nomination packages must be completed and submitted by the January 31st deadline.
Humanitarian Award winners are announced each spring at the annual BCAB conference.
- The award is open to any non-profit, public service or charitable organization in British Columbia
- The BCAB board must approve all creative material
- All creative material must include the credit: “A message from the Broadcasters of British Columbia”
- The effective date of the on-air campaign is July 1 of each year
Detailed application procedures and award requirements are available from any BCAB board member. Application forms are also posted on the BCAB website every fall.
Applications close at the end of each calendar year and are adjudicated by the board early in the new year. Short-listed applicants may be invited to meet with the association’s directors prior to a final decision.
There are frequently several worthy applicants for the award. The association may present the award to one organization – or jointly present the award to two applicants – with consecutive six month campaigns. BCAB board members consider a variety of factors when adjudicating the applications. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Is the proposed campaign germane to all regions of the province?
- Which applicant’s campaign will result in the greatest good to the most people?
- Does the organization have adequate funding for creative and production services?
- Will proposed creative material endure a six or 12 month campaign?
- Does the proposed campaign duplicate existing initiatives by other charities or the government?
Unless there are compelling reasons to the contrary, the BCAB board will not accept applications for the Humanitarian Award if any of the following elements are present:
- Third party commercial sponsorship or corporate identification in the creative material
- A campaign designed to raise funds
- An application by a corporation (Crown or private)