The call for nominations is ongoing.
Humanitarian Award winners for 2022 will be announced by the BCAB in the fall of 2021. The successful organization will be notified a few weeks prior to the press release.
- The award is open to any non-profit, public service or charitable organization in British Columbia
- The BCAB board must approve all creative material
- All creative material must include the credit: “A message from the Broadcasters of British Columbia”
There are frequently several worthy applicants for the award. BCAB board members consider a variety of factors when adjudicating the applications. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Is the proposed campaign germane to all regions of the province?
- Which applicant’s campaign will result in the greatest good to the most people?
- Does the organization have adequate funding for creative and production services?
- Will proposed creative material endure a 12 month campaign?
- Does the proposed campaign duplicate existing initiatives by other charities or the government?
Unless there are compelling reasons to the contrary, the BCAB board will not accept applications for the Humanitarian Award if any of the following elements are present:
- Third party commercial sponsorship or corporate identification in the creative material
- A campaign designed to raise funds
- An application by a corporation (Crown or private)